Basic Water Operations
- Introduction to Water Utility Personnel – Students will be able to discuss responsibilities to water utility personnel, public water systems, operator licensing, Community water systems, and regulations.
- State Requirements – Students will be able to describe how a water employee can demonstrate good public relations.
- Water Quality- Upon completion of this module, students will be able to describe the attributes of waster from various sources.
- Ground Water Production – Students will be able to describe how ground water is made usable.
- Surface Water Production-Upon completion of this module the students will be able to describe how surface water is made usable.
- Disinfection – Students will understand the process for the disinfection of water.
- Sedimentation Process – Upon completion students will have a good understanding of the purpose and function of the sedimentation process, different types of clarifiers, function of the different components of a clarifier, expectations of clarifiers, necessary operations and maintenance of clarifiers, Imhoff tank operations, and analysis of sedimentation process, sedimentation mathematics, and safety practices of the sedimentation process.
- Distribution – Students will be able to describe the common methods of water delivery to the public following water treatment.
- Safety – Students will be able to discuss how a water employee can take proper safety measures.